Information for Everyone:
- Our 2018 Sky Mountain Graduation ceremonies will be held on Monday, May 14, 2018 at Goldy S. Lewis Community Center located at 11200 Base Line Rd. Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91701.
- Our 8th grade ceremony will start promptly at 4:00 pm followed by our 12th graders at 6:00 pm. Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the ceremony time for check-in as the ceremony will start on time!
- All participating students are asked to wear something dressy.
- ALL STUDENTS need to bring a completed Media Release Form with them to the ceremony. Please download and print out the form prior to arriving for a smoother check in.
Information for High School Graduates Only:
- All participating seniors are required to fill out the graduation form emailed to all parents.
- The school will provide a gown and tassel loaner for all participating students as long as the above form is completed no later than Friday, March 2, 2018. The cap/gown/tassel will be at the graduation ceremony and will be issued upon check in. Please note: Students will need to return the gown and tassel at the end of the ceremony but may keep the cap as a keepsake.
- Families who would like to purchase a gown and/or tassel to keep can email Academic Apparel rep Mary Gonzalez directly at firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing, ordering, and shipping information. When ordering please select the following in order to match fellow grads: Collar - None, Robe - Light blue, Tassel - Gray and Royal Blue.
- Upon completion of school requirements for graduation, School Diplomas will be mailed within 2 months of the graduation date. Contact the IEM office immediately at 800-979-4436 to report a change of address or telephone number so there is no problem with receipt of a Diploma.
- Transcripts may be requested by filling out the Transcript Request Form. Your request may be faxed to 530-295-3583.
Descriptions of Awards/Honors Given Out
- Honor Roll is awarded to students earning a cumulative grade point average of 3.5 and above.
- The Biliteracy Seal is recognition from the State Superintendent of Public Instruction of graduating high school students who have attained a high level of proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing in one or more languages in addition to English. Students must either pass the Advanced Placement exam in a foreign language or complete 4 years of study of a foreign language with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- The National Honor Society (NHS) is the nation's premier organization established to recognize outstanding high school students. More than just an honor roll, NHS serves to honor those students who have demonstrated excellence in the areas of scholarship, leadership, service, and character.. Membership in our schools' chapter is open to students in grades 10-12, who have at least a 3.0 grade point average, and have also demonstrated high standards of service, leadership and character.
- Eligibility in the Local Context (UC ELC): top 9% of a-g students.
- A-G Completion: This honor is given to students who complete an a-g course of study.
- Golden State Merit Award: The CDE will let us know what the requirements are for the 2017-18 school year.