According to the SMCS Charter and Bylaws, our parent council is made up of 19 members who serve a 2 year term, attend meetings, and serve on a subcommittee.
Meetings are scheduled at a public place within the sponsoring district's jurisdiction. There is the option to attend the meetings via teleconference under compliance of The Brown Act. Teleconference meeting locations shall be posted to the agendas and open to the public. Agendas will be posted at teleconference locations.
The parent council subcommittees are: fundraising, graduation, group educational activities, spring testing volunteer coordination, and WASC.
The Role of the Parent Council Member:
- Uphold the mission of the school
- Serve for a 2 year term
- Be a parent of a SMCS student
- Monitor school’s performance
- Monitor own performance
- Make suggestions to improve school
- Attend 2-4 meetings per year and any special meetings that arise
- Serve on a subcommittee
- Be involved in the WASC accreditation process
- Do not have a personal agenda
- Be positive!
Parent Council Members
John Van Hoven
To contact the Parent Council, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Parent Council Meeting Agendas / Minutes
2016/17 Set Meetings (note: other meetings could be scheduled if Sky Mountain or the Parent Council have a need to meet outside of the set schedule)
- September 27, 2016
- January 24, 2017
- Late May/Early June date TBD