Upcoming meeting dates and agendas will be posted at least 72 hours prior to the meeting. For past meetings, please see the Governing Board Meeting Agendas / Minutes section or the Parent Council Meeting Agendas / Minutes section.
According to the SMCS Charter and Bylaws, our parent council is made up of 19 members who serve a 2 year term, attend meetings, and serve on a subcommittee.
Meetings are scheduled at the Redlands Office. There is the option to attend the meetings via teleconference under compliance of The Brown Act. Teleconference meeting locations shall be posted to the agendas and open to the public. Agendas will be posted at teleconference locations.
The parent council subcommittees are: fundraising, graduation, group educational activities, spring testing volunteer coordination, and WASC.
The Role of the Parent Council Member:
- Uphold the mission of the school
- Serve for a 2 year term
- Be a parent of a SMCS student
- Monitor school’s performance
- Monitor own performance
- Make suggestions to improve school
- Attend 2-4 meetings per year and any special meetings that arise
- Serve on a subcommittee
- Be involved in the WASC accreditation process
- Do not have a personal agenda
- Be positive!
Parent Council Members
Lynne Kertamus Porter
John Van Hoven
To contact the Parent Council, please email: email@example.com